The Workplace of Girls’s Well being at Wayne State College, in partnership with the Wayne Well being Cell Unit program, is bringing its subsequent Properly-Girl Wednesdays cell well being screenings and well being training to the group Aug. 4.
Properly-Girl Wednesdays will happen from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the headquarters of Options for Ladies, situated at 903 West Grand Blvd., in Detroit.
The venture seeks to teach and empower girls to realize higher well being by offering them with screening, sources and connections to well being care suppliers on their journey to improved wellness.
A multi-disciplinary workforce of well being care consultants will handle well being throughout all eras of a girl’s lifespan. Collaborating girls will obtain a “wellness passport” to assist them document the screenings they obtain and the actions during which they take part. Girls who interact in 5 or extra actions can be entered right into a raffle for reward baskets containing an assortment of skincare and hair merchandise. Attendees will even obtain free giveaways corresponding to instructional supplies and women-specific and health-related merchandise.
“With Properly-Girl Wednesdays, the Wayne State College Workplace of Girls’s Well being goals to increase well being care to weak communities impacted most by well being disparities and lack of entry to well being care, thus bettering the well being of girls general,” mentioned Sonia Hassan, M.D., affiliate vp and founding father of the Workplace of Girls’s Well being and a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Wayne State College. “The event of a women-focused cell well being unit aiming to enhance well being literacy and supply dependable strategies and sources for the institution and pursuit of care will enhance accessibility of well being care to girls and ultimately slim the hole in well being disparities.”
The Wayne Well being Cell Unit program started in April 2020, bringing COVID-19 testing, and later vaccinations, to tens of hundreds of individuals throughout Michigan.
“This newest venture is an extension of our preliminary testing and vaccination efforts,” mentioned Phillip Levy, M.D., M.P.H., a WSU professor of Emergency Medication and chief innovation officer for Wayne Well being. “It makes excellent sense to increase the array of well being care and well being care training providers that our cell models can present for communities, helping folks within the consolation of their very own environment.”
Along with COVID-19 testing and vaccination, girls can obtain the next:
• Wayne Well being and the CDC-funded WISEWOMAN program will present testing and primary cardiovascular and metabolic laboratory care that covers the cardiovascular, renal and endocrine programs, together with blood stress screening and blood work screening for diabetes, ldl cholesterol, kidney operate. Free lead testing will even be offered.
• Michigan Breast and Cervical Most cancers Management Program representatives will present details about this system, which affords free screening for breast and cervical most cancers to girls ages 21 to 64. Girls who require additional diagnostic assessments or remedy and are eligible for additional BCCCP providers can register for this system and obtain training on breast and cervical most cancers, in addition to training and sources associated to colon and lung most cancers prevention.
• Make Your Date, an evidence-based program with a longstanding document of decreasing preterm delivery in Detroit, will present prenatal care and follow-up, cervical screening and prenatal care and Sudden Toddler Loss of life Syndrome training.
• Within the space of reproductive well being, instructional classes can be provided on sexual well being, wholesome relationships, HIV and testing, and sources for secure intercourse.
• The Know Your Circulation Program, a reproductive well being program developed for adolescents and youngsters to advertise consciousness and battle misconceptions relating to reproductive well being, will supply menstrual and vaginal well being training, puberty training and contraception training.
• Girls can have the chance to learn to care for his or her psychological well being, when to hunt assist for anxiousness, despair and substance use dysfunction, in addition to efficient workouts to enhance their general well-being and assist handle traumatic occasions.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with WSU’s Workplace of Girls’s Well being, and internet hosting the launch of Properly-Girl Wednesdays at our web site,” mentioned Amy Good, chief govt officer of Options for Ladies. “The influence of those extremely accessible providers — each training and care — can be great, particularly for the homeless, high-risk, and in any other case weak younger and grownup girls we serve at Options For Ladies. This venture sends a robust message: that the well being of all girls is valued, and that our group is investing in supporting girls’s wellbeing.”
Companions concerned in Properly-Girl Wednesdays embody Wayne State College, Wayne Well being, Options for Ladies, Precedence Well being, Detroit Guardian Community, First Candle, Wisewoman Program, the Barbara Ann Karmanos Institute, and the Michigan Breast and Cervical Most cancers Management Program.
For extra info, name 313-577-3526 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.