The Workplace of Ladies’s Well being at Wayne State College, in partnership with the Wayne Well being Cellular Unit program, will introduce Properly-Lady Wednesdays, bringing free cellular well being screenings and well being schooling to the group at a wide range of areas starting July 14.
The primary Properly-Lady Wednesday will happen from 2 to six p.m. on the headquarters of Alternate options for Women, situated at 903 West Grand Blvd., in Detroit.
The challenge seeks to teach and empower ladies to realize higher well being by offering them with screening, assets and connections to well being care suppliers on their journey to improved wellness.
Every designated Wednesday, a multi-disciplinary staff of well being care consultants will handle well being throughout all eras of a lady’s lifespan. Collaborating ladies will obtain a “wellness passport” to assist them report the screenings they obtain and the actions wherein they take part. Ladies who interact in 5 or extra actions will probably be entered right into a raffle for reward baskets containing an assortment of skincare and hair merchandise. Attendees can even obtain free giveaways comparable to instructional supplies and women-specific and health-related merchandise.
“With Properly-Lady Wednesdays, the Wayne State College Workplace of Ladies’s Well being goals to increase well being care to weak communities impacted most by well being disparities and lack of entry to well being care, thus bettering the well being of ladies general,” mentioned Sonia Hassan, M.D., affiliate vp and founding father of the Workplace of Ladies’s Well being and a professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Wayne State College. “The event of a women-focused cellular well being unit aiming to enhance well being literacy and supply dependable strategies and assets for the institution and pursuit of care will enhance accessibility of well being care to ladies and ultimately slim the hole in well being disparities.”
The Wayne Well being Cellular Unit program started in April 2020, bringing COVID-19 testing, and later vaccinations, to tens of 1000’s of individuals throughout Michigan.
“This newest challenge is an extension of our preliminary testing and vaccination efforts,” mentioned Phillip Levy, M.D., M.P.H., a WSU professor of Emergency Drugs and chief innovation officer for Wayne Well being. “It makes good sense to increase the array of well being care and well being care schooling companies that our cellular models can present for communities, helping folks within the consolation of their very own environment.”
Along with COVID-19 testing and vaccination, ladies can obtain the next:
• Wayne Well being and the CDC-funded WISEWOMAN program will present testing and primary cardiovascular and metabolic laboratory care that covers the cardiovascular, renal and endocrine methods, together with blood stress screening and blood work screening for diabetes, ldl cholesterol, kidney perform. Free lead testing can even be offered.
• Michigan Breast and Cervical Most cancers Management Program representatives will present details about this system, which presents free screening for breast and cervical most cancers to ladies ages 21 to 64. Ladies who require additional diagnostic assessments or remedy and are eligible for additional BCCCP companies can register for this system and obtain schooling on breast and cervical most cancers, in addition to schooling and assets associated to colon and lung most cancers prevention.
• Make Your Date, an evidence-based program with a longstanding report of decreasing preterm delivery in Detroit, will present prenatal care and follow-up, cervical screening and prenatal care and Sudden Toddler Dying Syndrome schooling.
• Within the space of reproductive well being, instructional periods will probably be provided on sexual well being, wholesome relationships, HIV and testing, and assets for protected intercourse.
• The Know Your Circulation Program, a reproductive well being program developed for adolescents and youngsters to advertise consciousness and battle misconceptions concerning reproductive well being, will provide menstrual and vaginal well being schooling, puberty schooling and contraception schooling.
• Ladies may have the chance to discover ways to care for his or her psychological well being, when to hunt assist for anxiousness, despair and substance use dysfunction, in addition to efficient workouts to enhance their general well-being and assist handle hectic occasions.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with WSU’s Workplace of Ladies’s Well being, and internet hosting the launch of Properly-Lady Wednesdays at our web site,” mentioned Amy Good, chief government officer of Alternate options for Women. “The influence of those extremely accessible companies — each schooling and care — will probably be super, particularly for the homeless, high-risk, and in any other case weak younger and grownup ladies we serve at Alternate options For Women. This challenge sends a robust message: that the well being of all ladies is valued, and that our group is investing in supporting ladies’s wellbeing.”
Companions concerned in Properly-Lady Wednesdays embody Wayne State College, Wayne Well being, Alternate options for Women, Precedence Well being, Detroit Guardian Community, First Candle, Wisewoman Program, the Barbara Ann Karmanos Institute, and the Michigan Breast and Cervical Most cancers Management Program.
For added info, name 313-577-3526 or electronic mail email@example.com.