Institute for Well being Companies Analysis in Dermatology and Nursing (IVDP), College Medical Heart Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), Hamburg, Germany
Correspondence: Nicole Mohr
Institute for Well being Companies Analysis in Dermatology and Nursing (IVDP), College Medical Heart Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), Martinistraße 52, Hamburg, D-20246, Germany
Electronic mail [email protected]
Background: Most epidemiological knowledge on vitiligo refer to chose environments or deal with the prevalence of comorbidity unrelated to the inhabitants.
Goal: Goal of the research was to realize strong consultant prevalence knowledge on vitiligo and on related dermatologic comorbidity within the German grownup inhabitants.
Strategies: A twin population-based method was utilized with 1) main knowledge obtained between 2004 and 2014 from dermatological exams within the common working inhabitants; 2) claims knowledge from a big German statutory medical health insurance, reference yr 2010.
Outcomes: Within the working cohort (N = 121,783; 57% male; imply age 43 years), the prevalence of vitiligo was 0.77% (0.84% in males; 0.67% in ladies). Within the claims knowledge (N = 1,619,678; 38% male; imply age 46 years), prevalence was 0.17% (0.14% in males; 0.18% in ladies). Within the working cohort, vitiligo was considerably extra frequent in folks with honest pores and skin sort, ephelides and port-wine stains and fewer frequent in folks with pimples and photo voltaic lentigines. Within the claims knowledge, vitiligo was related to a wide range of pores and skin situations, eg, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and alopecia areata.
Conclusion: The ensuing discrepancy of claims vs main knowledge between 0.17% and 0.77% signifies probably the most possible spectrum of vitiligo prevalence in Germany. It’s extra ceaselessly noticed in scientific exams than recorded in claims knowledge, indicating a marked proportion of individuals looking for no medical assist. Such nonattendance might end result from the truth that many remedy choices don’t present satisfying advantages to the sufferers.
Key phrases: pigmentation, well being companies analysis, public well being analysis, prevalence, comorbidity
Vitiligo is a power pores and skin situation related to a lack of pigmentation within the dermis.1 To many individuals affected, the visibility of the lesions is perceived as disfiguring and burdensome.2–4 Accordingly, there’s a excessive degree of psychological pressure2,5 in addition to of affected person wants for remedy.6 Despite this there was little consideration to the illness from the angle of population-based epidemiology. Many of the epidemiological knowledge on vitiligo both seek advice from strongly chosen environments like hospital populations7 or deal with the prevalence of comorbidity of individuals affected from vitiligo8–10 with out associating most people. Research commenting on dermatologic comorbidity largely counsel affiliation of vitiligo with atopic dermatitis, alopecia areata and psoriasis.11–15
A research from South Korea revealed a prevalence of 0.12% to 0.13% over a 3 yr interval in a inhabitants of individuals admitted to hospitals.15 In a population-based cohort research from China the general prevalence of vitiligo was 0.56% (0.71% in males vs 0.45% in ladies) and elevated with age.12 In a literature evaluate, Krüger and Schallreuter16 recognized greater than fifty research describing the prevalence of vitiligo in a variety between 0.06% and a couple of.28%. The population-based research performed in France by Richard et al, by which a prevalence of 0.46% was reported, additionally lies on this vary.17
In whole, the info on the population-based epidemiology of vitiligo present massive variations which can rely upon completely different populations and ethnicities noticed but in addition on completely different analysis strategies used. Along with these cross-national specificities, there are additionally potential choice mechanisms on the nationwide degree that affect the noticed prevalence. In Germany, claims knowledge ensuing from doctor consultations are a extensively used population-based knowledge supply. In case of vitiligo, nonetheless, many sufferers after years of irritating remedy makes an attempt don’t search medical consideration,18 which could result in an underestimation of the true prevalence. For that reason, it might be helpful to complement the claims knowledge with additional knowledge sources.
In an effort to acquire consultant population-based knowledge on the prevalence of vitiligo and to get management on choice bias of the claims knowledge, the present research investigated two massive knowledge sources which symbolize important proportions of the German common inhabitants. The analysis questions had been as follows:
- What’s the prevalence of vitiligo within the grownup inhabitants within the knowledge sources?
- Is there any explicit dermatologic comorbidity related to vitiligo?
- How can variations within the noticed outcomes be defined by selective results?
- Do these variations present details about the healthcare state of affairs and attainable healthcare wants?
Supplies and Strategies
Massive-Scale Dermatological Examinations in Workers
Major knowledge from the final working inhabitants had been gained from massive scale pores and skin screenings in >300 German corporations as described beforehand.19–23 All staff between 16 and 70 years had been voluntarily invited to take part in pores and skin examinations freed from cost of their corporations. The screenings had been performed between 2004 and 2014 nationwide in corporations from completely different branches. All staff, no matter gender or social standing, had been invited to take part. Examinations came about inside the working hours. Complete physique examinations had been carried out by skilled dermatologists and all findings had been recorded by assistants in an digital knowledge system. For a sequence of dermatological situations, it was documented whether or not they’re prevalent and whether or not there’s a want for remedy. Within the latter case, staff had been referred to a dermatologist. Furthermore, a structured questionnaire for historical past of pores and skin ailments and medicine was used.
Secondary Claims Knowledge from a Nationwide Sick Fund
For the current evaluation, knowledge of the DAK-Gesundheit (DAK-G), a nationwide working medical health insurance firm, had been used. The statutory medical health insurance (SHI) is important inside the German healthcare system: about 90% of the German inhabitants (approx. 72 million) is insured with one of many 110 SHI corporations (in 2018). The remaining 10% are privately insured.24,25 The routine knowledge can be found for a 40% consultant pattern of all insured folks of the DAK-G on December 31, 2010. That is round 2.4 million insured individuals. The info comprises all billing-relevant data from the outpatient and inpatient sector, together with work incapacity knowledge and all outpatient-prescribed medication. These additionally comprise all outpatient contacts with physicians, coded diagnoses, billed companies and the time specification of the physician go to at quarterly degree. All data on prescribed and delivered medication in addition to data on the prescribing specialist group can be found, too. The insured particular person’s grasp knowledge comprise socio-demographic data on age and gender, begin and finish of time of insurance coverage. All service areas are to be linked with one another by way of a pseudonym.
On the idea of the DAK-G inhabitants, a cohort of prevalent sufferers with vitiligo was chosen. The following inclusion standards present the idea for sampling prevalent vitiligo sufferers in 2010:
- Insurees who had been insured on December 31, 2010 on the DAK-G
- Aged 16–70 years in 2010
- One assured prognosis of vitiligo (ICD-Code: L80) within the outpatient sector or one major or secondary hospital prognosis in 2010
For analysing dermatological comorbidities, we examined insured individuals who present not less than one assured prognosis within the outpatient sector or one major or secondary prognosis within the hospital sector. Diagnoses of frequent or typical pores and skin situations from a predefined record had been recognized by ICD-10 codes.
Statistical evaluation of main knowledge gathered from the occupational screenings was carried out utilizing SPSS (IBM, Armonk, New York, US) model 23 for Home windows. The screenings had been performed between 2004 and 2014, solely as soon as an individual. Thus, point-prevalence charges and their 95% confidence intervals had been calculated. Group variations had been examined via chi-squared assessments. To discover the affiliation of vitiligo with additional dermatological situations controlling for age, gender and pores and skin sort a logistic regression evaluation was performed. Lacking knowledge on pores and skin illness had been rated as not prevalent. In some circumstances, pores and skin sort was not explicitly specified, these circumstances had been excluded from the respective subgroup analyses.
For secondary sick fund knowledge, we carried out all statistical analyses utilizing SAS (SAS Institute Inc, Cary, North Carolina, US) model 9.4 for Home windows. The prevalence knowledge of the DAK-G had been standardised in response to age and gender to the symptoms of the German inhabitants in 2012.26 One-year prevalence charges (reference yr 2010) and their 95% confidence intervals (CI) had been calculated. Moreover, a multivariate logistic regression was performed for secondary knowledge. Our dependent variable was deﬁned as not less than one prognosis of L80 in 2010. Our impartial variables had been age (steady) and intercourse (feminine or male) and outlined comorbidities (sure/no).
Prevalence of Vitiligo
Within the main cohort a complete of 121,783 individuals (43.5% feminine, imply age 43.1 ± 10.8 years) was clinically examined by a dermatologist (Table 1). Honest pores and skin (pores and skin sort I and II on the Fitzpatrick scale) was current in 74.9% of the full pattern (71.6% in males, 79.1% in ladies).
Desk 1 Cohort of Individuals with (n = 933) and with out (n = 120,850) Vitiligo Examined within the Corporations by Dermatologists
The prevalence of vitiligo on this main cohort was 0.77% together with 0.84% for males and 0.67% for ladies. Prevalence was considerably increased in older folks, males (Figure 1) and honest pores and skin (sort I and II on the Fitzpatrick scale).
Determine 1 Level-prevalence of vitiligo within the working cohort (N = 121,783) and one-year prevalence within the claims knowledge (N = 1,619,678), stratified by age and gender.
Claims Knowledge Cohort
A complete of 1,619,678 individuals aged 16–70 years (61.8% feminine, imply age 45.8 ± 15.6 years) had been insured on December 31, 2010 on the DAK-G. Of them, 2689 had not less than one related vitiligo-diagnosis in 2010 indicating an total nonstandardised prevalence of 0.17% (0.14% in males and 0.18% in ladies). Individuals with vitiligo had been on common older and extra usually feminine (Table 2, Figure 1). Age- and gender-adjusted prevalence charges standardised to the German inhabitants in 2012 had been 0.15% in whole, 0.13% in males and 0.18% in ladies. Figure 1 demonstrates that the one-year prevalence recognized within the claims knowledge cohort was decrease than the point-prevalence from the working cohort. This was the case in all age teams and for each women and men.
Desk 2 Cohort of Individuals with (n = 2689) and with out (n = 1,616,989) Vitiligo within the Claims Knowledge
Dermatologic Comorbidity of Vitiligo
Within the main cohort investigated by dermatologists there was a big optimistic affiliation of vitiligo with port-wine stains and detrimental associations with pimples and photo voltaic lentigines (Table 3).
Desk 3 Prevalence of Dermatologic Comorbidity in Individuals with (n = 933; Imply Age 44.6 Years) vs with out (n = 120,850; Imply Age 43.1 Years) Vitiligo, Nonadjusted Knowledge Amongst Working Individuals in German Corporations
Within the logistic regression evaluation, controlling for age, gender and pores and skin sort, the numerous detrimental affiliation of vitiligo with pimples and photo voltaic lentigines in addition to the affiliation with port-wine stains had been confirmed. Moreover, ephelides had been discovered to be related to vitiligo (Table 4). Aside from that, increased age led to a better frequency of vitiligo in addition to being male and honest pores and skin sort (sort I and II on the Fitzpatrick scale).
Desk 4 Predictors and Their ORs of the Logistic Regression Mannequin, Dependent Variable: Presence of Vitiligo Amongst Working Individuals in German Corporations (n = 120,833)
Claims Knowledge Cohort
The prevalence charges of chosen comorbidities had been in contrast between insured folks with and with out vitiligo. As one can see in Table 5, the sick fund cohort vitiligo was considerably related to increased ranges of atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, lichen planus, alopecia areata, androgenic alopecia, different nonscarring hair loss, malignant melanoma, different and unspecified malignant neoplasm of pores and skin, different problems of pigmentation, pimples vulgaris, congenital nonneoplastic nevus, different melanin hyperpigmentation and xerosis cutis.
Desk 5 Prevalence of Dermatologic Comorbidity in Individuals with (n = 2689; Imply Age 50.0 Years) vs with out Vitiligo (n = 1,616,989; Imply Age 45.8 Years), Non-adjusted Claims Knowledge
Within the logistic regression mannequin (Table 6), age and gender had been related to vitiligo-diagnosis when controlling for all different variables. The numerous optimistic affiliation with atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, lichen planus, alopecia areata, different nonscarring hair loss, different and unspecified malignant neoplasm of pores and skin, different problems of pigmentation, pimples vulgaris and congenital nonneoplastic nevus could possibly be confirmed additionally. Solely different melanin hyperpigmentation was negatively related to vitiligo.
Desk 6 Logistic Regression Mannequin (Odds Ratios) for Elements Related to Vitiligo-Prognosis, Dependent Variable: Assured ICD-Prognosis of Vitiligo (L80) within the Claims Knowledge
The target of the present research was to evaluate the prevalence and dermatologic comorbidity of vitiligo within the grownup common inhabitants. To take action, two completely different knowledge sources had been used. They revealed exceptional variations between the cohorts, presumably reflecting the final distinction between claims knowledge and findings primarily based instantly on dermatological examinations. Although one-year prevalence charges had been calculated within the claims knowledge, the ensuing prevalence was decrease than the point-prevalence within the screening knowledge. On this context, a possible choice bias of claims knowledge, eg, resulting from nonattendance to medical care, must be mentioned. Such nonattendance might end result from the truth that many remedy choices don’t present satisfying response to the sufferers.18,27 An unfulfilled remedy want resulting from dissatisfaction with care and a excessive emotional burden was only recently recognized by Narayan et al.28 Furthermore, within the common inhabitants vitiligo is considerably extra frequent in males whereas within the claims knowledge ladies had been considerably extra ceaselessly offered. This discrepancy that was present in each the group comparisons and within the logistic regression analyses might end result from the truth that ladies are extra involved with vitiligo as proven in earlier publications.4,6 Thus, illness burden and ensuing motivation for medical attendance could possibly be increased in ladies. All in all, each reported prevalence charges on this paper (0.2% within the claims knowledge and 0.8% within the working cohort) correspond to the charges offered by probably the most related and comparable research16,17,29 and thus counsel a sure validity of the info sources.
The info sources additionally offered differing outcomes with regard to dermatological comorbidity. Since regression analyses had been utilized to manage for age and gender results, it may be assumed that these variations usually tend to be justified by the described choice results. Usually, it must be famous that we analysed cross-sectional knowledge and due to this fact usually are not capable of make statements on causality however relatively on associations. Related findings associated to dermatological comorbidity within the claims knowledge had been the upper prevalence of power inflammatory pores and skin situations (eg, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, lichen planus), autoimmune illness (alopecia areata), nonscarring hair loss and different problems of pigmentation and unspecified malignant neoplasm of the pores and skin. These findings in addition to the inverse affiliation with different melanin hyperpigmentations (ICD-10 code) match into earlier single publications.11–15 Remarkably, these associations in all probability mirror the frequent autoinflammatory character of those ailments, which, although completely different in immunopathological mechanisms, present frequent options of autoimmunity as has been described as a number of autoimmune syndrome (MAS).30,31 Additionally the noticed associations of vitiligo and congenital nevi are in step with main analysis. Eg, in accordance with our findings within the claims knowledge, a research by van Geel et al utilizing a cohort of 1004 sufferers with vitiligo described a triple increased prevalence (3%) of congenital nonneoplastic naevi in comparison with the management group (1%),32 suggesting a standard pathogenic hyperlink, which, nonetheless, just isn’t totally understood.33 These outcomes had been solely partially verified within the main knowledge of the working cohort. Right here, the regression evaluation controlling for age and gender revealed just a few problems as positively related to vitiligo (ephelides, port-wine stains) whereas just a few others had been inversely correlated (photo voltaic lentigines, pimples). The interpretation of those statistically important findings continues to be open for additional investigations.
Strengths and Limitations
Within the claims knowledge diagnoses derived from physicians in routine care, a big proportion of whom had been dermatologists. Because of the secondary nature of this knowledge supply, there is no such thing as a likelihood of verifying these diagnoses. Within the large-scale company-based examinations, it has been assured that skilled dermatologists carried out the pores and skin examinations. They used dermatoscopy however no wooden lights within the investigations. Thus, in single circumstances an under- and even overestimation might have occurred.
One other potential supply of uncertainty could possibly be the scientific differentiation between vitiligo and vitiligo-like leukoderma which might hardly be primarily based on morphological options solely.34 It’s conceivable that single sufferers have developed a vitiligo-like leukoderma inside the framework of an immunological response and that this has been misdiagnosed in our cohort as classical vitiligo. With a cumulative indication of three.4% in sufferers with stage III and stage IV melanoma, vitiligo-like leukoderma is a uncommon immunological response. In our cohort, there have been solely 22 (0.8%) sufferers with melanoma in whole so the chance of a related misdiagnosis of vitiligo-like eruption appears relatively unlikely.
Additional limitations derive from the truth that the first knowledge are solely primarily based on sufferers volunteering for the participation. Nevertheless, the cohort of greater than 120,000 individuals is enough to mirror a considerable proportion of the inhabitants. A limitation of the secondary knowledge is the discount of documented circumstances to folks attending medical companies. For that reason the claims knowledge had been associated to the first knowledge. Total, these knowledge mirror the state of affairs in Mid-European nations like Germany. Leads to nations with a better proportion of individuals having darkish pores and skin could also be completely different since folks with darker pores and skin present extra seen vitiligo and thus probably increased burden.
In whole, these large-scale knowledge from two impartial cohorts and settings verify that Vitiligo is a comparatively frequent illness related to related comorbidity. The ensuing discrepancy of claims vs main knowledge between 0.17% and 0.77% signifies probably the most possible spectrum of vitiligo prevalence in Germany. It’s extra ceaselessly noticed in scientific exams than recorded in claims knowledge, indicating a marked proportion of individuals looking for no medical assist. Such nonattendance might end result from the truth that many remedy choices don’t present satisfying advantages to the sufferers, which underlines the necessity for remedy amongst sufferers with vitiligo. Additional research ought to moreover differentiate the phenotype and the affected person burden of vitiligo.
Knowledge Sharing Assertion
Major knowledge from the occupational screenings can be found upon cheap request. The datasets generated for the claims knowledge cohort usually are not accessible as the usage of claims knowledge is restricted to outlined individuals.
The research was performed in response to the rules expressed within the Declaration of Helsinki. We took the standards of a Nationwide Good Apply Guideline into consideration. Based on the Good Apply of Secondary Knowledge Evaluation, no approval of an moral committee is required.
We gratefully thank Katharina Müller for her invaluable help and contribution to the present paper and the Scientific Communication Staff of the IVDP, particularly Merle Twesten and Mario Gehoff, for copy modifying. We thank the DAK-G and Heigel GmbH for offering the info analysed on this research.
Prof Matthias Augustin has served as marketing consultant and/or paid speaker for and/or has acquired analysis grants and/or honoraries for consulting and/or scientific lectures for and/or obtained journey bills reimbursed and/or participated in scientific trials sponsored by corporations that manufacture medication together with Abbott/AbbVie, ALK Scherax, Almirall, Amgen, Beiersdorf, Biogen Idec, BMS, Boehringer Ingelheim, Celgene, Centocor, Dermira, Eli Lilly, Ahead Pharma, Fresenius, Galderma, GSK, Hexal, Incyte, Janssen-Cilag, LEO Pharma, Lilly, Medac, Menlo, Merck, MSD, Mylon, Novartis, Pfizer, Regeneron, Sandoz, Sanofi-Aventis, Stallergenes, Stiefel, Teva, TK, Trevi, UCB and Xenoport outdoors the submitted work. Dr Natalia Kirsten experiences private charges from AbbVie, private charges, non-financial assist from Novartis, private charges, non-financial assist from Leo, Eli Lilly, UCB, Pfizer, and Celgene, outdoors the submitted work. The authors declare that they haven’t any different conflicts of curiosity on this work.
1. Rodrigues M, Ezzedine Okay, Hamzavi I, Pandya AG, Harris JE; Vitiligo Working Group. New discoveries within the pathogenesis and classification of vitiligo. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77(1):1–13. doi:10.1016/j.jaad.2016.10.048
2. Elbuluk N, Ezzedine Okay. High quality of life, burden of illness, co-morbidities, and systemic results in vitiligo sufferers. Dermatol Clin. 2017;35(2):117–128. doi:10.1016/j.det.2016.11.002
3. Morrison B, Burden-Teh E, Batchelor JM, Mead E, Grindlay D, Ratib S. High quality of life in folks with vitiligo: a scientific evaluate and meta-analysis. Br J Dermatol. 2017;177(6):e338–e339. doi:10.1111/bjd.15933
4. Radtke MA, Schäfer I, Gajur A, Langenbruch A, Augustin M. Willingness-to-pay and high quality of life in sufferers with vitiligo. Br J Dermatol. 2009;161(1):134–139. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2133.2009.09091.x
5. Osinubi O, Grainge MJ, Hong L, et al. The prevalence of psychological co-morbidity in folks with vitiligo: a scientific evaluate and meta-analysis. Br J Dermatol. 2018;178(4):863–878. doi:10.1111/bjd.16049
6. Augustin M, Gajur AI, Reich C, Rustenbach SJ, Schaefer I. Profit analysis in vitiligo remedy: growth and validation of a patient-defined final result questionnaire. Dermatology. 2008;217(2):101–106. doi:10.1159/000128992
7. Marinho Fde S, Cirino PV, Fernandes NC. Scientific epidemiological profile of vitiligo in kids and adolescents. An Bras Dermatol. 2013;88(6):1026–1028. doi:10.1590/abd1806-4841.20132219
8. Afkhami-Ardekani M, Ghadiri-Anari A, Ebrahimzadeh-Ardakani M, Zaji N. Prevalence of vitiligo amongst sort 2 diabetic sufferers in an Iranian inhabitants. Int J Dermatol. 2014;53(8):956–958. doi:10.1111/ijd.12148
9. Al-Harbi M. Prevalence of despair in vitiligo sufferers. Skinmed. 2013;11(6):327–330.
10. Paradisi A, Tabolli S, Didona B, Sobrino L, Russo N, Abeni D. Markedly lowered incidence of melanoma and nonmelanoma pores and skin most cancers in a nonconcurrent cohort of 10.040 sufferers with vitiligo. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014;71(6):1110–1116. doi:10.1016/j.jaad.2014.07.050
11. Chen YT, Chen YJ, Hwang CY, et al. Comorbidity profiles in affiliation with vitiligo: a nationwide population-based research in Taiwan. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015;29(7):1362–1369. doi:10.1111/jdv.12870
12. Dahir AM, Thomsen SF. Comorbidities in vitiligo: complete evaluate. Int J Dermatol. 2018;57(10):1157–1164. doi:10.1111/ijd.14055
13. Mohan GC, Silverberg JI. Affiliation of vitiligo and alopecia areata with atopic dermatitis: a scientific evaluate and meta-analysis. JAMA Dermatol. 2015;151(5):522–528. doi:10.1001/jamadermatol.2014.3324
14. Silverberg JI, Silverberg NB. Affiliation between vitiligo and atopic problems: a pilot research. JAMA Dermatol. 2013;149(8):983–986. doi:10.1001/jamadermatol.2013.4228
15. Lee H, Lee MH, Lee DY, et al. Prevalence of vitiligo and related comorbidities in Korea. Yonsei Med J. 2015;56(3):719–725. doi:10.3349/ymj.2015.56.3.719
16. Krüger C, Schallreuter KU. A evaluate of the worldwide prevalence of vitiligo in kids/adolescents and adults. Int J Dermatol. 2012;51(10):1206–1212. doi:10.1111/j.1365-4632.2011.05377.x
17. Richard MA, Corgibet F, Beylot-Barry M, et al. Intercourse- and age-adjusted prevalence estimates of 5 power inflammatory pores and skin ailments in France: outcomes of the « OBJECTIFS PEAU » research. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2018;32(11):1967–1971. doi:10.1111/jdv.14959
18. Radtke MA, Schäfer I, Gajur AI, Augustin M. Scientific options and remedy outcomes of vitiligo from the sufferers’ perspective. outcomes of a nationwide survey in Germany. Dermatology. 2010;220(3):194–200. doi:10.1159/000275657
19. Augustin M, Herberger Okay, Hintzen S, Heigel H, Franzke N, Schäfer I. Prevalence of pores and skin lesions and want for remedy in a cohort of 90 880 employees. Br J Dermatol. 2011;165(4):865–873. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2133.2011.10436.x
20. Augustin M, Radtke MA, Herberger Okay, Kornek T, Heigel H, Schaefer I. Prevalence and illness burden of hyperhidrosis within the grownup inhabitants. Dermatology. 2013;227(1):10–13. doi:10.1159/000351292
21. Schäfer I, Rustenbach SJ, Zimmer L, Augustin M. Prevalence of pores and skin ailments in a cohort of 48.665 staff in Germany. Dermatology. 2008;217(2):169–172. doi:10.1159/000136656
22. Ständer S, Schäfer I, Phan NQ, et al. Prevalence of power pruritus in Germany: outcomes of a Cross-Sectional Examine in a pattern working inhabitants of 11.730. Dermatology. 2010;221(3):229–235. doi:10.1159/000319862
23. Zander N, Schäfer I, Radtke MA, Jacobi A, Heigel H, Augustin M. Dermatological comorbidity in psoriasis: outcomes from a large-scale cohort of staff. Arch Dermatol Res. 2017;309(5):349–356. doi:10.1007/s00403-017-1741-4
24. Busse R, Blümel M. Germany: well being system evaluate. Well being Syst Transit. 2014;16(2):224.
25. The Nationwide Affiliation of Statutory Well being Insurance coverage Funds (GKV-Spitzenverband). Collectively we’re 90 %. annual report 2016. Accessible from: https://www.gkv-spitzenverband.de/media/dokumente/service_1/publikationen/geschaeftsberichte/GKV_GB2016_Englisch_barrierefrei_02.pdf.
26. Destatis – Federal Statistical Workplace. Inhabitants: Federal states, closing date, gender, age years. Accessible from: https://www-genesis.destatis.de/genesis/online/data;sid=AE5DC519704B990BC2FF46B3810229EA.GO_1_2?operation=abruftabelleBearbeiten&levelindex=1&levelid=1536226140277&auswahloperation=abruftabelleAuspraegungAuswaehlen&auswahlverzeichnis=ordnungsstruktur&auswahlziel=werteabruf&selectionname=12411-0013&auswahltext=%23SGES-GESW%2CGESM&werteabruf=Werteabruf.
27. Migayron L, Boniface Okay, Seneschal J. Vitiligo, from physiopathology to rising therapies: a evaluate. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2020;10(6):1185–1198. doi:10.1007/s13555-020-00447-y
28. Narayan VS, Uitentuis SE, Luiten RM, Bekkenk MW, Wolkerstorfer A. Sufferers’ perspective on present therapies and demand for novel therapies in vitiligo. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2021;35(3):744–748. doi:10.1111/jdv.16927
29. Wang X, Du J, Wang T, et al. Prevalence and scientific profile of vitiligo in China: a community-based research in six cities. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013;93(1):62–65. doi:10.2340/00015555-1397
30. Rork JF, Rashighi M, Harris JE. Understanding autoimmunity of vitiligo and alopecia areata. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2016;28(4):463–469. doi:10.1097/MOP.0000000000000375
31. Tatu AL, Ionescu MA. A number of autoimmune syndrome sort 3-thyroiditis, vitiligo and alopecia areata. Acta Endocrinol. 2017;13(1):124–125. doi:10.4183/aeb.2017.124
32. van Geel N, Van Poucke L, Van de Maele B, Speeckaert R. Relevance of congenital melanocytic naevi in vitiligo. Br J Dermatol. 2015;172(4):1052–1057. doi:10.1111/bjd.13444
33. Speeckaert R, Lambert J, Bulat V, Belpaire A, Speeckaert M, van Geel N. Autoimmunity in segmental vitiligo. Entrance Immunol. 2020;11:568447. doi:10.3389/fimmu.2020.568447
34. Hartmann A, Bedenk C, Keikavoussi P, et al. Vitiligo and melanoma-associated hypopigmentation (MAH): shared and discriminative options. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2008;6(12):1053–1059. doi:10.1111/j.1610-0387.2008.06755.x