Diabetic coronary coronary heart illness (DCHD), the foremost macrovascular complication of sort 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), is the main explanation for loss of life amongst adults with T2DM.1–3 Latest medical research has proven that 73.1% of T2DM sufferers have cardiovascular illnesses.4 Furthermore, some experiences present that T2DM sufferers with DCHD are at a 2-fold to 4-fold increased danger of mortality in comparison with these with out DCHD.4,5 Regardless of there are the numerous progresses in fundamental analysis, drugs, and intervention gadgets, the medical prognosis of DCHD continues to be poor.6
Within the remedy of T2DM, blood glucose management is the primary objective. Nonetheless, a number of medical research present that the impact of intensive glucose management in diabetic macrovascular illness continues to be unsure.7–10 The reason for this example may be that varied elements similar to irritation, oxidative stress, and lipotoxicity result in diabetic macrovascular harm. DCHD shouldn’t be solely instantly associated to irregular glycometabolism (similar to elevated fasting blood glucose, insulin resistance, and abnormality of glycosylated hemoglobin) but additionally intently related to cardiovascular danger elements (together with hypertension, weight problems, atherosclerosis, dyslipidemia, and many others.).11–14 In recent times, the idea of complete prevention and management of the chance elements within the remedy of DCHD is regularly accepted.1,15,16
Primarily based on holism and syndrome differentiation, conventional Chinese language medication (TCM) has sure benefits within the prevention and remedy of glucolipid metabolic issues (GLMD) together with diabetes and CHD.15 Within the concept of TCM, the incidence of diabetes is essentially because of harm to the physique. The decline of the physique’s perform can produce hidden pathogenic elements and repeatedly harm arteries.17 Furthermore, the idea that “blood stasis” performs a key function within the prevalence and growth of CHD has been broadly accepted by TCM medical doctors and researchers.18,19 At present, the variety of medical trials in regards to the efficacy of Chinese language natural medication (CHM) in treating CHD will increase tremendously.20–24
Totally different from CHD, nonetheless, DCHD can also be associated to varied elements of glucolipid metabolism dysfunction. Within the concept of TCM, the important thing pathogenesis of DCHD is “Gan-depression and Pi-mistransportion as elementary, phlegm-damp-stasis stagnation as manifestation“.25 Primarily based on this idea, our analysis group proposed “Tiao Gan Qi Shu Hua Zhuo” (modulating Gan, trigging key metabolic system of Pi to resolve pathogenic elements similar to phlegm retention and dampness) in prevention and management of DCHD. “Tiao Gan” means to control Gan qi, as Gan qi up and down easily, the entire physique qi won’t be obstructed, then “5 Zang” get peace and cooperation. “Qi Shu” means to set off the important thing to the regulation of the metabolism thereafter sustaining the traditional capabilities of Pi and Wei (digestion and the absorption and transporting of vitamin). “Hua Zhuo” refers back to the steady elimination of pathogenic elements, similar to phlegm turbidity, waste metabolites, and at last prevents and controls the event of issues within the metabolism of glucose and lipid.15 And the CHM system Fufang Zhenzhu Tiaozhi capsule (FTZ) was innovated underneath this rationale. Our earlier research have demonstrated that because of its multi-components, FTZ improved glucose and lipid metabolism by regulating varied targets, similar to HMG-CoA reductase, cytochrome P450 7A1 (CYP7A1), insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS1), and phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3K).26–28 As well as, FZT dose-dependently suppressed the atherosclerotic plaques and diminished the ldl cholesterol contents within the aorta of ApoE−/- mice by lowering the expressions of CD36 and scavenger receptor A (SR-A).27 Moreover, FTZ has been used as a hospital preparation (Yue pharmaceutical phrase: Z20110029) and is efficient and protected within the remedy of hyperlipidemia, T2DM, atherosclerosis, and many others. in medical follow. Nonetheless, the effectiveness of FTZ within the remedy of DCHD is unclear.
This research protocol describes a deliberate medical trial to evaluate the efficacy and security of FTZ to deal with DCHD.
Strategies and Design
This protocol is a potential, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled medical trial for assessing the efficacy and security of FTZ within the remedy of DCHD, which was developed following the Customary Protocol Objects: Suggestions for Interventional Trials (SPIRIT) guidelines (Figure 1, Table 1).29 The initiating sponsor and coordinator of this medical trial is the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Pharmaceutical College. The opposite 4 contributors are Foshan Hospital of TCM, Zhongshan Hospital of TCM, Qingyuan Hospital of TCM, and Shenzhen TCM Hospital. We are going to recruit 160 eligible sufferers and randomly assign them to the FTZ group and the placebo group at a ratio of 1:1. After 2-week of the baseline evaluation, sufferers will settle for a 52-week remedy and 52-week post-treatment follow-up.
Desk 1 Schedule of Enrolment, Interventions and Assessments
Determine 1 Examine flowchart detailing randomization of sufferers with remedy and medical follow-up.
All in- or out-patients with DCHD from 5 hospitals shall be referred for this research. Moreover, open recruitment shall be made by placing posters in clinics and promoting by way of WeChat. Sufferers retain the proper to proceed and discontinue the trial at any time throughout remedy and follow-up with out prejudice.
Analysis of DCHD should meet the T2DM diagnostic standards and the CHD diagnostic standards concurrently.
The diagnostic standards of T2DM shall be outlined on the premise of the China pointers for sort 2 diabetes (model 2013), as promulgated by the Chinese language Diabetes Society.30 Analysis T2DM could be made if one of many following objects is met:
- typical T2DM signs and random blood glucose ≥11.1 mmol/L;
- fasting blood glucose ≥7 mmol/L;
- 2 h blood glucose after the oral glucose tolerance take a look at ≥11.1 mmol/L.
Referring to the Guideline for prognosis and remedy of sufferers with continual secure angina (model 2007),31 the diagnostic standards of CHD are as follows: coronary angiography or CT angiography (CTA) indicating coronary stenosis of≥50% of not less than one coronary artery.
Diagnostic standards of TCM syndromes shall be outlined on the Customary of TCM prognosis and remedy for diabetes mellitus difficult with coronary heart illness (model 2011)32 and knowledgeable recommendation. The included sufferers want to satisfy all the primary signs, the secondary signs [at least one of (1) and (2), at least one of (3)–(5), and at least one of (6) and (7)], in addition to the tongue (8) and pulse (9) presentation, to be identified with liver-stagnation, spleen-deficiency, and stasis and turbidity inside obstruction syndrome.
- Essential signs: Sense of suppression within the chest; Chest ache;
- Secondary signs: (1) Emotional despair, irritability or sighing ceaselessly; (2) Hypochondriac ache or distension within the hypochondriac area; (3) Lethargic consumption, sloppy stool, stomach distension, or stomach ache aid after catharsis; (4) Pale white complexion; (5) Lassitude of spirit and speaking laziness, or fatigue and lack of energy; (6) Being obese; (7) Copious phlegm; (8) Tongue indicators: pale tongue, purple and darkish tongue, enlarged tongue, or teeth-marked tongue; white fur, slimy fur or thick and slimy fur; (9) Pulse sings: string-like pulse, effective pulse, slippery pulse, effective and tough pulse, or certain and intermittent pulse.
The identical standards and rigidity for topic inclusion shall be used within the 5 trial facilities. Inclusion standards are as follows:
- The affected person concurrently meets the diagnostic standards of T2DM, CHD, and TCM prognosis of liver-stagnation, spleen-deficiency, and stasis and turbidity inside obstruction syndrome;
- Aged between 18 and 85 years outdated, no matter gender;
- Willingness to take part within the trial and to signal the knowledgeable consent, with a excessive diploma of compliance and a cooperative angle.
Sufferers shall be excluded with any of the next:
- Kind 1 diabetes mellitus or secondary diabetes;
- Unstable circumstances, similar to acute coronary syndrome, acute left coronary heart failure, and acute issues of diabetes inside three months;
- Plan that perform cardiac intervention or operation inside one 12 months;
- Allergy to FTZ;
- Difficult with malignant tumors and life expectancy lower than two years;
- Extreme natural illnesses (eGFR≤30%, irregular expression of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and creatine kinase (CK) of two occasions increased than the traditional higher restrict, acute and continual respiratory failure, and many others.);
- Ladies in pregnant or lactating;
- Psychiatric sufferers;
- Sufferers who are usually not thought-about by the researchers to satisfy the inclusion standards.
The trial shall be terminated within the participant if he/she has:
- Deteriorative circumstances throughout remedy or presence of extreme AE (ALT and/or CK ≥5 occasions of the traditional worth);
- Dying from all causes;
- Acute issues of T2DM;
- Presence of life-threatening illness;
- The nationwide administration company requires the medical trial to be halted.
The entire research plan shall be terminated as follows:
- Presence of great AE associated to the analysis remedy with supportive proof;
- Completion of all follow-up assessments.
Randomization and Blinding
Random numbers shall be generated by utilizing SAS 9.4 software program by an impartial statistician. Grouping info saved in sealed opaque envelopes shall be used for affected person allocation. Researchers, contributors and end result assessors shall be blinded through the trial interval. All the researchers shall be skilled earlier than the trial begins, and strictly implement the precept of separation of the duty. Statistician who generated randomization sequences and drug administration workers shouldn’t be instantly concerned within the trial course of.
The fundamental remedy of controlling hyperglycemia comprises metformin and/or acarbose and/or repaglinide and/or insulin. Atorvastatin is chosen to regulate hyperlipidemia, CCB (NORVASC) and/or ARB (APROVEL) and/or diuretic and/or COAPROVEL to regulate hypertension, and aspirin and/or clopidogrel to inhibit platelet. Throughout intervention and follow-up, the fundamental remedy shall be carried out by medical doctors in keeping with the situation of participant. After enrollment, contributors in each teams will take FTZ or the placebo medicine thrice each day (4 capsules at a time) for 52 weeks. The constituents of FTZ are summarized in Table 2. The placebo is principally comprised of starch. Placebo and FTZ are near the identical in coloration, scent, style, look, packaging, and tag. The medicine shall be distributed on each month’s go to. Each FTZ and placebo medicine shall be manufactured by the Affiliated Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facility of Guangdong Pharmaceutical College in keeping with good manufacturing follow pointers. To evaluate adherence to the intervention, the themes shall be informed to deliver the empty packet of the ingested take a look at drug and the leftover. Topics who’ve <80% drug compliance on the finish of the research shall be dropped out. The analysis crew will periodically contact topics by telephone, textual content message, or WeChat to enhance compliance and examine for security.
Desk 2 Constituents of Chinese language Drugs FTZ
The medical follow-up shall be carried out each month for 12 months after drug intervention. The first and secondary outcomes in addition to security shall be evaluated at every follow-up.
Blood Glucose Detection
Blood glucose detection shall be measured on the screening go to and each three months go to throughout remedy in addition to follow-up. The blood glucose detection will embody fasting blood glucose detection, 1h, 2h, and 3h of postprandial plasma glucose detection.
Electrocardiogram (ECG) and Blood Stress Assessments
ECG and blood strain assessments shall be carried out on the screening go to and each three months go to. ECG, 24 h dynamic ECG, blood strain, and 24 h ambulatory blood strain shall be assessed.
The cardiac construction and performance, the carotid intima-media thickness, the liver construction, and the heartbeat wave velocity shall be examined by coloration Doppler ultrasonography on the screening go to and each six months go to throughout remedy in addition to follow-up.
On the screening go to and each six months go to, the vascular endothelial perform shall be evaluated by flow-mediated dilation (FMD) measurement of the brachial artery, the ankle-brachial index shall be carried out, and the retinal blood vessel construction shall be assessed by ophthalmoscope.
Blood Assessments and Urine Routine Check
Urine routine take a look at and blood assessments shall be carried out on the screening go to and each three months go to throughout drug intervention and follow-up. The blood assessments will embody blood routine, insulin, C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, complete ldl cholesterol, triglyceride, low-density lipoprotein ldl cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein ldl cholesterol, free fatty acid, apolipoprotein A, apolipoprotein B, lipoprotein-alpha, phospholipase A2, homocysteine, prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, thrombin time, fibrinogen, hemorheology, alanine aminotransferase, aspartate aminotransferase, complete protein, albumin, globulin, complete bilirubin, direct bilirubin, oblique bilirubin, γ-glutamyltranspeptidase, leucyl aminopeptidase, creatine kinase, creatine kinase isoenzyme, lactate dehydrogenase, and lactate dehydrogenase isoenzyme.
TCM Parameters Evaluation
The four-diagnostic info and the scores of TCM signs shall be carried out on the screening go to and each month go to after intervention begin.
The patient-reported outcomes questionnaire of GLMD was developed by Guangdong Pharmaceutical College to comprehensively and objectively assess the medical impact of the remedy of GLMD.33 It and SF-36 well being survey questionnaire (Supplementary Material) shall be carried out at annual visits.
The kinds and dosage of the remedy for antiplatelet, lipid-lowering, anti-hypertensive, or antidiabetic remedy shall be monitored at each go to by medical doctors.
Earlier than the beginning of trial, the information and security monitoring board included the principal investigator, researchers, physicians, and many others. was fashioned to handle the security evaluation of analysis course of and the information assortment and administration. The researchers document the prevalence and nature of every participant’s pre-existing circumstances, together with clinically signiﬁcant indicators and signs of the illness through the research. The frequency of opposed occasions (AEs) shall be introduced for the security evaluation. All AEs shall be reported in written case report types (CRF) to the Moral Evaluate Committee (ERC) of the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Pharmaceutical College and every taking part heart. If the AEs happen, will probably be reported to the ERC and the principal investigator as quickly as doable. The research physicians will observe up with all contributors reporting AEs and can carry out medical evaluations to find out the reason for the AE and its doable relationship to the interventions.
Main Final result
The first end result is the mixed outcomes together with the foremost opposed cardiovascular occasions (MACE, outlined as cardiovascular loss of life, nonfatal stroke, or nonfatal myocardial infarction), coronary restenosis (≥30% from baseline), and unplanned revascularization.
The mixed secondary outcomes embody all-cause mortality, acute coronary syndrome, ischemic stroke, coronary heart failure, unplanned re-hospitalization primarily brought on by acute issues of diabetes, different thromboembolic occasions, and the efficient charge on the development of TCM syndromes throughout remedy and follow-up.
Blood glucose, blood lipid, hemorheology indexes, blood routine, urine routine, insulin, C-peptide, superior glycation finish merchandise, electrocardiogram, cardiac construction and performance, carotid intima-media thickness, liver construction and performance, kidney perform, pulse wave velocity, vascular endothelial perform, ankle-brachial index, retinal blood vessel construction, and SF-36 well being survey questionnaire may also be monitored periodically.
Information Assortment and Administration
All supply paperwork from the 5 facilities, together with knowledgeable consent types, questionnaires, and worksheets, shall be collected in compliance with normal working procedures. The researchers will fill within the CRF for every enrolled participant and gather demographic traits, baseline signs, information end result at every go to, and AEs, and many others. All information shall be securely saved and accessible solely by the research investigators. The collected information won’t be linked to any particular person or private identifiers. Confidentiality shall be maintained in any respect ranges of information administration. The principal investigator will coordinate the dissemination of information. If required, information switch between facilities shall be encrypted, and any info able to figuring out people shall be eliminated. Affected person recordsdata and different supply information have to be saved for not less than 10 years after the research is completed.
Pattern Measurement Willpower and Statistical Evaluation
This can be a phase-II research for evaluating the efﬁcacy and security of FTZ in treating DCHD. The pattern dimension was calculated based mostly on the anticipated discount of major end result from pre- to post-treatment at two years. The first end result incidence in T2DM sufferers with CHD is about 19% inside two years in keeping with earlier research and knowledgeable recommendation.34–36 Assuming a major end result incidence discount to five% following remedy with FTZ added, and given a kind I error charge of alpha = 0.05, an influence of 70% (sort II error charge of beta = 0.3), the pattern dimension for one group wanted to be 64, a complete of 128 contributors. Contemplating a dropout charge of 20%, a complete of 160 sufferers wanted to be allotted to succeed in the required variety of sufferers for the efficacy evaluation.
Baseline traits of research sufferers shall be summarized when it comes to frequencies and percentages for categorical variables and by means ± SD and median with quartile for steady variables. The impartial t-test or Wilcoxon rank-sum take a look at and Pearson chi-test or Fisher’s actual take a look at shall be utilized to investigate steady and categorical variables, respectively. This research is a multi-center medical trial. CMH Chi-square shall be used for numeration information; evaluation of variance (ANOVA) and an evaluation of covariance (ANCOVA) shall be used for measurement information; and the Log rank take a look at shall be used for outcomes. After deducting the affect of polycentric impact, evaluating efﬁcacy survival outcomes, endpoint end result index and security outcomes between two teams. If required, statistical evaluation between subgroups shall be carried out. All statistical information analyses shall be performed with significance ranges of 0.05 for each side. SAS 9.4 shall be used for information analyses.
TCM has collected intensive expertise within the prognosis and remedy of illnesses from long-term medical follow, however it’s a subjective analysis that’s thought-about because the low-quality evidence-based medication (EBM) proof.17 So, it’s important to conduct well-designed medical trials for offering high-quality EBM proof.
The impact of TCM within the remedy of continual metabolic illnesses together with GLMD has been regularly accredited with its a number of benefits, similar to general regulation, co-regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism, enhancing signs and indicators, and enhancing sufferers’ high quality of life in addition to long-term prognosis. Lately, there are some randomized managed trials (RCTs) performed to guage the efficacy of TCM for CHD and diabetes.20–24,37–39 In diabetic macroangiopathy, there’s an ongoing RCT in regards to the efﬁcacy and security of Shen-Qi Hua-Yu system within the remedy of diabetic decrease extremity artery illness.17 Moreover, current medical research has proven that Jiangtang Tongmai capsule may cut back the carotid intima-media thickness and the world of arterial plaque within the remedy of diabetic macroangiopathy.40 Nonetheless, there is no such thing as a medical research on the impact of TCM in treating DCHD.
In medical, FTZ is used as a hospital preparation for remedy of hyperlipidemia, T2DM, and atherosclerosis for greater than a decade, which proves its effectiveness and security. As well as, earlier research have demonstrated that FTZ may modify the lipid metabolism by regulating the expression of PPARα, liver X receptor α, and different nuclear receptors, enhance insulin resistance by the regulation of IRS1-PI3K-protein kinase B (PKB) signaling pathway and obtain its anti-atherosclerosis impact by lowering scavenger receptor CD36 and SRA.26–28,41 These outcomes point out that FTZ could also be an efficient drug for the prevention and remedy of DCHD.
Primarily based on the precept of “Tiao Gan Qi Shu Hua Zhuo”, FTZ was fashioned and comprises eight single herbs. As a result of its multi-components and multi-targets mechanisms, FTZ has many capabilities, similar to modifying the lipid and the blood glucose and enhancing endothelial perform, and many others. Due to this fact, we now have made a complete consideration of evaluation indicators to mirror the healing impact of FTZ from a number of dimensions, which is a useful exploration for the medical efficacy analysis of CHM.
Primarily based on the general understanding of the pathological mechanism of DCHD, we performed a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to guage the efﬁcacy and security of Chinese language Drugs FTZ in treating DCHD. The worth of this trial is to supply scientiﬁc and rigorous EBM proof for the efﬁcacy and security of FTZ within the remedy of DCHD. Alternatively, this research is the ﬁrst trial of FTZ to watch cardiovascular outcomes by long-term follow-up after treating DCHD, which is of nice worth. Moreover, the outcomes of this trial are essential to additional discover the effectiveness of the excellent technique “Tiao Gan Qi Shu Hua Zhuo” within the prevention and remedy of GLMD.
Nonetheless, this research additionally has some limitations. Considered one of which is the dearth of analysis on the long-term impact of the FTZ. On this research, in contrast with the course of continual illnesses, the time of one-year remedy was comparatively quick. Because of the quick follow-up time and restricted funds, the potential function of the FTZ in lowering cardiovascular occasions could stay unclear. After opening the blind, this trial will proceed to conduct a cohort research to watch the impact of FTZ in cardiovascular occasions, all-cause mortality, and different endpoints, for totally revealing the results and long-term advantages of FTZ. Moreover, this research, a small pattern dimension pilot medical research, is performed primarily in Guangdong province of South China. So, it’s essential to conduct a multicenter medical trial in regards to the impact of FTZ within the prevention and remedy of DCHD nationwide in additional research.
AEs, opposed occasions; ALT, alanine aminotransferase; CHD, coronary coronary heart illness; CHM, Chinese language natural medication; CK, creatine kinase; CRF, case report type; DCAD, diabetic coronary artery illness; DCHD, diabetic coronary coronary heart illness; EBM, evidence-based medication; ECG, electrocardiogram; ERC, moral overview committee; FMD, flow-mediated dilation; FTZ, Fufang Zhenzhu Tiaozhi capsule; GLMD, glucolipid metabolic issues; RCT, randomized managed trial; TCM, conventional Chinese language medication; T2DM, sort 2 diabetes mellitus.
Information Sharing Assertion
The medical trial information used to assist the findings of this research haven’t been made obtainable as a result of the standing of this trial is recruiting.
The Ethics Committee on the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangdong Pharmaceutical College authorized this trial (Approval no. 2016-39) and this trial was performed in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki.
The authors respect the assistance and efforts of all analysis workers for taking part on this trial and recruiting and treating the sufferers.
This work was supported by the Nationwide Key Analysis and Improvement Program of China (2018YFC1704200), the Main fundamental and utilized fundamental analysis tasks of Guangdong Province of China (2019B030302005), and the Key Mission of Nationwide Pure Science Basis of China (81530102).
The authors declare that they don’t have any conflicts of pursuits.
1. Naito R, Miyauchi Ok. Coronary Artery Illness and Kind 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Int Coronary heart J. 2017;58(4):475–480. doi:10.1536/ihj.17-191
2. Rao Kondapally Seshasai S, Kaptoge S, Thompson A, et al. Diabetes mellitus, fasting glucose, and danger of cause-specific loss of life. N Engl J Med. 2011;364(9):829–841. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1008862
3. Rawshani A, Rawshani A, Franzén S, et al. Mortality and heart problems in sort 1 and sort 2 diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2017;376(15):1407–1418. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1608664
4. Holman RR, Bethel MA, Mentz RJ, et al. Results of As soon as-Weekly Exenatide on Cardiovascular Outcomes in Kind 2 Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(13):1228–1239. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1612917
5. Liu L, Chen X, Liu Y, et al. The affiliation between fasting plasma glucose and all-cause and cause-specific mortality by gender: the agricultural Chinese language cohort research. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2019;35(4):e3129. doi:10.1002/dmrr.3129
6. Hinnen D, Kruger DF. Cardiovascular dangers in sort 2 diabetes and the interpretation of cardiovascular end result trials. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2019;12:447–455. doi:10.2147/DMSO.S188705
7. Turnbull FM, Abraira C, et al.; Management Group. Intensive glucose management and macrovascular outcomes in sort 2 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2009;52(11):2288–2289. doi:10.1007/s00125-009-1470-0
8. Ginsberg HN, Elam MB, et al.; ACCORD Examine Group. Results of Mixture Lipid Remedy in Kind 2 Diabetes Mellitus. N Engl J Med. 2010;362(17):1563–1574. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1001282
9. Skyler JS, Bergenstal R, Bonow RO, et al. Intensive glycemic management and the prevention of cardiovascular occasions: implications of the ACCORD, ADVANCE, and VA diabetes trials: a place assertion of the American Diabetes Affiliation and a scientific assertion of the American School of Cardiology Basis and the American Coronary heart Affiliation. Circulation. 2009;119(2):351–357. doi:10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.191305
10. Lehrke M, Leiter LA, Hehnke U, et al. Security and efficacy of linagliptin in sufferers with sort 2 diabetes mellitus and coronary artery illness: evaluation of pooled occasions from 19 medical trials. J Diabetes Problems. 2016;30(7):1378–1384. doi:10.1016/j.jdiacomp.2016.06.015
11. Rossaneis MA, Andrade SM, Gvozd R, et al. Elements related to glycemic management in folks with diabetes mellitus. Cien Saude Colet. 2019;24(3):997–1005. doi:10.1590/1413-81232018243.02022017
12. Kozakova M, Morizzo C, Goncalves I, et al. Cardiovascular organ harm in sort 2 diabetes mellitus: the function of lipids and irritation. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2019;18(1):61. doi:10.1186/s12933-019-0865-6
13. Looker HC, Colombo M, Agakov F, et al. Protein biomarkers for the prediction of heart problems in sort 2 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2015;58(6):1363–1371. doi:10.1007/s00125-015-3535-6
14. Nonogaki Ok. Dysglycemia and cardiovascular danger. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60(12):1121. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2012.03.078
15. Guo J. Analysis progress on prevention and remedy of glucolipid metabolic illness with built-in conventional Chinese language and Western medication. Chin J Integr Med. 2017;23(6):403–409. doi:10.1007/s11655-017-2811-3
16. Fox CS, Golden SH, Anderson C, et al. Replace on Prevention of Cardiovascular Illness in Adults With Kind 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Mild of Latest Proof: a Scientiﬁc Assertion From the American Coronary heart Affiliation and the American Diabetes Affiliation. Diabetes Care. 2015;38(9):1777–1803. doi:10.2337/dci15-0012
17. Leng Y, Gao H, Fu X, et al. The efficacy and security of Chinese language natural medication Shen-Qi Hua-Yu system in sufferers with diabetic decrease extremity artery illness: research protocol of a multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Drugs. 2020;99(3):e18713. doi:10.1097/MD.0000000000018713
18. Xu H, Shang Q, Chen H, et al. ITIH4: a New Potential Biomarker of “Toxin Syndrome” in Coronary Coronary heart Illness Affected person Recognized with Proteomic Technique. Evid Primarily based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:360149. doi:10.1155/2013/360149
19. Feng Y, Xu H, Qu D, et al. Examine on the tongue manifestations for the blood-stasis and toxin syndrome within the secure sufferers of coronary coronary heart illness. Chin J Integr Med. 2011;17(5):333–338. doi:10.1007/s11655-011-0615-4
20. Liu C, Hou Y, Wang X, et al. Medical evaluation of Shenfu injection loading within the remedy of sufferers with exacerbation of continual coronary heart failure because of coronary coronary heart illness: research protocol for a randomized managed trial. Trials. 2015;16(1):222. doi:10.1186/s13063-015-0729-7
21. Li S, Guo M, Mao H, et al. Qing-Xin-Jie-Yu Granules along with typical remedy for sufferers with secure coronary artery illness (QUEST Trial): research protocol for a randomized managed trial. Trials. 2016;17(1):451. doi:10.1186/s13063-016-1569-9
22. Qiao Y, Zhang J, Liu Y, et al. Efficacy and Security of Zhenyuan Capsule for Coronary Coronary heart Illness with Irregular Glucose and Lipid Metabolism: research Protocol for a Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Managed, Multicenter Medical Trial. Evid Primarily based Complement Alternat Med. 2018;2018:1716430. doi:10.1155/2018/1716430
23. Huang M, Chen G, Guan Q, et al. Effectiveness and security of Chinese language natural medication xuanbi antong granules for the remedy of borderline coronary lesions: research protocol for a randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, multicentre medical trial. BMJ Open. 2019;9(8):e024968. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2018-024968
24. Jin X, Pan B, Wu H, et al. The efficacy and security of Shenzhu Guanxin Recipe Granules for the remedy of sufferers with coronary artery illness: protocol for a double-blind, randomized managed trial. Trials. 2019;20(1):520. doi:10.1186/s13063-019-3629-4
25. Guo J, Piao SH, Shi ZF, Huang P. Literature research on the distribution of TCM syndromes in Hyperlipidemia. J Guangzhou Uni Tradit Chin Med. 2013;30(5):
26. Guo J, Bei W, Hu Y, et al. A brand new TCM system FTZ lowers serum ldl cholesterol by regulating HMG-CoA reductase and CYP7A1 in hyperlipidemic rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;135(2):299–307. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2011.03.012
27. Tang FT, Guo J, He W, et al. Results of Fufang Zhenzhu Tiaozhi Prescription (), A Chinese language natural preparation, on atherosclerosis in ApoE-/- mice and associated mechanisms. Chin J Integr Med. 2011. doi:10.1007/s11655-011-0794-z
28. Hu X, Wang M, Bei W, Han Z, Guo J. The Chinese language natural medication FTZ attenuates insulin resistance by way of IRS1 and PI3K in vitro and in rats with metabolic syndrome. J Transl Med. 2014;12:47. doi:10.1186/1479-5876-12-47
29. Chan AW, Tetzlaff JM, Gøtzsche PC, et al. SPIRIT 2013 clarification and elaboration: steering for protocols of medical trials. BMJ. 2013;346:e7586. doi:10.1136/bmj.e7586
30. Chinese language Diabetes Society. China guideline for sort 2 diabetes. Chin J Diabetes Mellitus. 2018;10(01):4–67. doi:10.19538/j.nk2018040108
31. Chinese language Society of Cardiology of Chinese language Medical. Affiliation Editorial Board of Chinese language Journal of Cardiology. Guideline for prognosis and remedy of sufferers with continual secure angina. Chin J Cardiol. 2007;35(03):195–206. doi:10.3760/j.issn.0253-3758.2007.03.002
32. Wu YL, Gao HL, Jia ZH, et al. Customary of TCM prognosis and remedy for diabetes mellitus difficult with coronary heart illness. World J Integr Tradit West Med. 2011;6(5):455–460. doi:10.13935/j.cnki.sjzx.2011.05.020
33. Shuo L, Jiao G. Preliminary Improvement of Affected person Reported Outcomes Instrument for Glucolipid Metabolic Problems. World Chin Med. 2019;14(01):12–17. doi:10.3969/j.issn.1673-7202.2019.01.003
34. Cannon CP, McGuire DK, Pratley R, et al. Design and baseline traits of the eValuation of ERTugliflozin effIcacy and Security CardioVascular outcomes trial (VERTIS-CV). Am Coronary heart J. 2018;206:11–23. doi:10.1016/j.ahj.2018.08.016
35. Holman RR, Bethel MA, Mentz RJ, et al. Results of As soon as-Weekly Exenatide on Cardiovascular Outcomes in Kind 2 Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(13):1228–1239. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1612917
36. Steg PG, Bhatt DL, Simon T, et al. Ticagrelor in Sufferers with Secure Coronary Illness and Diabetes. N Engl J Med. 2019;381(14):1309–1320. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1908077
37. Huang YH, Chen ST, Liu FH, et al. The efficacy and security of concentrated natural extract granules, YH1, as an add-on remedy in poorly managed sort 2 diabetes: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot trial. PLoS One. 2019;14(8):e0221199. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0221199
38. Huo J, Liu LS, Jian WY, et al. Stationary Therapy In contrast with Individualized Chinese language Drugs for Kind 2 Diabetes Sufferers with Microvascular Problems: research Protocol for a Randomized Managed Trial. Chin J Integr Med. 2018;24(10):728–733. doi:10.1007/s11655-018-2987-1
39. Yan M, Wen Y, Yang L, et al. Chinese language natural medication Tangshen Method remedy of sufferers with sort 2 diabetic kidney illness with macroalbuminuria: research protocol for a randomized managed trial. Trials. 2016;17(1):259. doi:10.1186/s13063-016-1385-2
40. Pu WR, Liu XC, Du ZQ, et al. Impact of jiangtang tongmai capsules on macroangiopathy in treating 73 sufferers with sort 2 diabetes mellitus. Chin J Exp Tradit Med Formulae. 2015;21(13):182–185. doi:10.13422/j.cnki.syfjx.2015130182
41. Yao HX, Guo J, Tang CP, et al. Liver hypolipidemic safety of Compound Zhenzhu Tiaozhi Capsule on nonalcoholic fatty liver illness in rats and its mechanism. Chin Tradit Herb Medicine. 2011;42(10):2074–2077.